This Stick Style house is notable for its decorative cornice boards and detailing. The cut work circular gable detailing is a variation of the usual type seen at 1508 Broadway. The original porch pediment remains, although the porch columns have been loSt., William T. Allison, a dentist, built the house and lived here until 1896.
In 1897 Charles T. Coffin moved into the home. An attorney, he served as Dean of the DePauw Law School until 1894 when he moved to Indianapolis to organize the State Life Insurance Company of which he served as president. He served three terms as President of the Chamber of Commerce and was active in organizing the International Chamber of Commerce. He was at this address until 1906.
Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406.