Harry J. Milligan House
1441 North Delaware Street
The colossal columns on the prostyle portico are the primary ,
stylistic feature of this colonial Revival house. The center entry ,
has side lights and originally had a fan light above. Harry J.,,
Milligan constructed the house as his residence and lived here ,
until his death in 1916.
A lawyer, Milligan began his career in the late 1870s, and read ,
law in the offices of Harrison, Hines & Miller. Noted for his ,
managerial skills, he was appointed receiver of Fletcher and ,
Sharpe, a banking firm in 1884. He later served as receiver of the ,
Ben-Hur Traction line. Milligan married Caroline Fishback, daughter ,
of Judge William Pickney Fishback in 1885.
Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406.