1325 North Alabama Street
This Queen Anne cottage has suffered the loss of its original porch, probably about 1910-20. Some of the detailing, heavy corner boards and string course boards suggest Stick Style influence. The oriel window on the northside has imbricated shingles.
The structure served as the residence of Julius Wocher. Wocher was emplyed as a salesman for Severin, Ostermeyer & Co., wholesale grocers.
In 1917, Louis W. Krieg took up residence. Krieg owned and operated the Krieg Brothers Catholic Supply House, which is still in operation on South Meridian Street. [Krieg Brothers closed 2011]
Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406.