Thomas R. Thornburgh House
1417 North New Jersey Street
Although the original porch post is gone, the other Queen Anne features remain: imbricated shingles, flashed glass in the gable window and unusual artwork on the cornice boards. The gable has decorative infill which has probably been lost from the front gable. The structure was erected by Thomas R. Thornburgh.
Thornburgh was a druggist who operated a business on Fort Wayne Avenue for many years. He lived in the home from the time it was built until his death in 1916. His widow, Nellie, remained at this address only until 1917, at which time the residence was sold to William A. Maloy, a grocer whose shop was located at 515 North Alabama.
Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406.