1433-39 North Park Avenue
This house is a good example of late Queen Anne. The open gable, jerkin head dormer and incised boards over the bay are all elements of the style. Insul-brick obscures the original siding. The porch on the south was a later addition. The house was built by John C. Ingram, an agent for the German-American Insurance Co. of New York.
In 1906, Willam Kothe (1858-1936) moved into the house. After several years in the real estate business he formed his own firm in 1889, which became known as KO-WE-BA. Mr. Kothe remained as president until 1934 when he retired to become Chairman of the Board of Directors. He was also president of the KO-WE-BA Realty Co., a subsidiary, as well as director of the Keystone Oil & Gas Co. and the Board of Trade. He lived at this address until his death in 1936.
Old Northside Historic Area Preservation Plan, 1979
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Any copies made from materials in the IHPC Collection may be protected by U.S. Copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and certain other uses of protected works. No further transmission or distribution of this material is allowed without the written consent of the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 317-327-4406.